ERP FUNCTIONAL ANALYST
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Enterprise Business Solutions team as an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Functional Analyst. The ideal candidate is someone who has expertise with PeopleSoft Finance and finds ways forward by being creative in finding solutions to complex application and business problems. This individual is boldly curious and constantly looking for more accurate and more efficient ways of getting things done.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- As part of a team of dedicated analysts, you will manage the relationship between Enterprise Business Solutions and our counterparts in other areas of the College. You will understand and be able to predict their application, business process, and service needs.
- You will support and maintain PeopleSoft Finance and Human Capital Management (HCM) Payroll functions. You will resolve incidents, build queries and reports, advise users on best practices and generally ensure that the ERP system is operating at full capacity.
- You will participate in ERP related projects as a subject matter expert, a business analyst, a tester and (if you have the skills and experience) as a developer. You may even be called upon to run your own ERP related projects.
- You will learn and share your knowledge and experience with the team; you will collaborate with peers in other organizations; you will contribute to the evolution of the Enterprise Business Solutions team into an industry leading applications and development unit.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have Practical experience supporting PeopleSoft Finance and/or PeopleSoft HCM Payroll modules; we will consider applicants who have supported other financial and payroll systems. Experience with Kofax AP Essentials (formerly ReadSoft Online) and/or Symfact Contract Management Software would be an asset.
- You have a sound understanding of Financial and/or Payroll business processes.
- You are an IT Service Management (ITSM) practitioner and you understand it when someone talks to you about incident, service and change management.
- You have Business Analysis skills; you know how to document business requirements and how to translate these into technical requirements. You are a wizard at building test scripts and coordinating testing sessions with end users. You have an eye for detail.
- You have excellent Functional Analysis skill: you have experience researching and implementing new functionality. You love automating processes; it’s in your DNA.
- You are Data Literate: An ERP system is only as good as the data it contains and you demonstrate a keen analytical mind and an ability to extract and present this data in a way that supports data informed decisions.
- You are a Leader: you understand that leadership is not a title and you demonstrate that regardless of the position you hold.
- (Bonus) You have Developer skills: you have experience customizing pages, building integrations or developing reports and visualizations using a number of tools such as app designer, SQR, SQL, Kibana etc.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
- You have a thirst for knowledge: you live by the motto “It’s not a good day unless you learn something new.”
- You have exceptional communication skills: You translate developer speak into business jargon and vice versa. You understand that the job will often require you to persuade, influence or negotiate with others and these are based on strong communication skills.
- You are Creative: like us, you value good user experience. You love to share new and creative ways of doing things.
- You have the ability to juggle (figuratively but bonus marks for actual juggling skills): you know there is no such thing as a “slow period” where we have time to catch up on work and that’s fine with you. In fact, you prefer it that way.
- A sense of humor: You bring your true self to work every day. You want to work with us because you’ve heard that one of our values is “Work at Play & Play at Work”.
SALARY: $75,044 - $93,777 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs. This is a cover-off position for 6 months, with the possibility of extension.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2022-3576
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!