We are looking to hire an experienced property management professional to provide support services to the Property Manager in our condominium. The Assistant Property Manager is an in house position, that delivers exceptional customer service to owners, residents, Board members and guests of the building.
This role performs a broad variety of tasks and coordinates all logistics and operational processes related to the general management of the building. This role is considered the first point of contact for the Condominium and is resourceful in providing accurate information and direction to owners, residents, and guests in maintaining ongoing operations of the Condominium.
First Point of Contact (Internal and External)
- Responds to and triages all general incoming inquiries and correspondence to and from owners, residents, contractors/vendors and the Board
- Maintains owners’ and residents’ records
- Manages all on-site vendor relationships including the security, superintendent, cleaners and general contractors
General Administration & Governance/Board support
- Performs general Condominium administration and office related office duties (scan, drafts correspondence, fax, email, phone)
- Liaison between Property Manager, Board, owners/residents and public in service delivery
- Prepares notices as needed; reviews own work efficiently and diligently at all times
- Summary and detailed reporting is presented to the Property Manager and proactively followed up on a regular basis
- Manages, implements and monitors invoicing system
- Prepares and provides financial reports with analysis to the Property Manager
- Obtains all completed forms for document maintenance including submissions to accounts receivable
- Prepares agendas, manages reports, building inspections and other documents as required by the Property Manager
- Administers contracts for the property’s vendor agreements
- Co-ordinates repairs, maintenance and renovations for building
- Makes recommendations to the property manager on process improvements for workflow and identifies opportunities for efficient operations
- Aids and supports the Property Manager on condominium related business
- Acts as a resource to the Property Manager and provide back up and follow up Property Management activities
- Prepares board meeting packages for Board Members
- Schedules/organizes meetings and maintain calendar of the Board
- Coordinates catering for on-site board meetings.
Education and/or Experience Required
- Minimum five years’ previous experience in property management and working towards a General License in property management issued from the Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario (CMRAO). Limited License required
- Post secondary education in business administration, hospitality or similar field would be considered an asset
- Experience working in the hospitality, service industry or other related fields are an asset
- Knowledge of Condominium Act of Ontario
- Exceptional time management and prioritizing skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and activities under pressure.
- Exceptionally skilled in customer service
- Experience with budgeting and negotiating vendor agreements are an asset
- Strong effective written and verbal communications skills required to communicate with all levels including executive and board members and the general public with diplomacy and tact at all times
- Team oriented individual who easily shares information and willingly receives input
- Flexible and resourceful; equipped with the ability to deal with a wide range of issues and tasks proactively and simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, unforeseen situations and occasional changes in work processes
- Diligent, organized, accurate and detail-oriented, with strong project management skills
- Computer literacy at advanced level (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Solid aptitude to learn new software is required
- Knowledge of property management financial software (such as Yardi) is an asset
- Knowledge of Building Control, Condo Control is an asset.
This position is on site and the work performed is in a typical office environment. Office hours are subject to change, there may be times flexible working hours may be considered and working outside of regular office hours may be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To be considered, candidates must be able eligible to work in Canada. If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume demonstrating your qualifications, skills, and experience.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Our corporation is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, cultural or national background, marital status, disability status, and any other basis protected by Ontario law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodation supports throughout the recruitment process are available upon request. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment process, please let us know.
Powered by JazzHR