Job Reference #: HRC0226181
Do you want to work with one of Canada’s top oil and gas companies represented by an award-winning staffing agency? Look no further and join the Spirit circle today!
Our large and well-established Oil and Gas client is looking for a Sr Mechanical Engineer in Fort McMurray, AB.
What's in it for you?
- Work with one of Canada's "Top 100 Employers," with possibility of extension or permanent placement.
- Requisition Start Date: 03/14/2022
- Requisition End Date: 12/31/2022
- Schedule 5 x 8’s
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits.
- Representation by an award-winning staffing agency that takes pride in our personalized approach to staffing, ensuring you are a valued member of the team - not just a number
STATIC EQUIPMENT MECHANICAL ENGINEER
The Mechanical Engineering Division within Equipment and Reliability Engineering (E&RE) is seeking a Mechanical Engineer position. The E&RE Mechanical engineering division’s main focus is to maintain and improve safety & reliability on all Static Equipment classes (e.g. piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, furnaces, tanks, boilers etc.) that enable business units to operate safely and reliably.
- Provide general mechanical engineering support relating to static equipment fitness for service (FFS)
- assessment, repair specifications, re-rate assessment, failure investigation, purchase specification, equipment strategies support etc. to site operating units.
- Preparation of high quality engineering packages (both turnaround and running unit) to ensure the reliability of the plant.
- Repair packages (both emergency and routine maintenance)
- Upgrade packages with management of change, risk assessment / peer review, revised drawings and data sheets, etc.
- Provide support to turnaround activities by being available during turnaround to provide engineering assessment, perform risk assessments, provide critique, complete shutdown report etc.
- Provide input into shutdown scope development based on previous history and known future issues.
- Be willing to work after hours (i.e. overtime) in support of running unit issues.
- Provide improvements to plant operation and reliability through innovative engineering and resolve root cause performance problems with static pressure equipment.
- Provide support as required to other disciplines e.g. inspections, materials engineering, process and technical disciplines
- Work collaboratively with process, maintenance and technical personnel to resolve plant and system issues.
- Manage the resolution of key technical issues and interface with key technical staff to ensure that technical issues are resolved in the best interest.
- Support Mechanical specifications and standards.
- Responsible for achieving code compliance and/or governing authority endorsement of designs produced personally or by junior personnel under his/her guidance.
- Provide mentorship to both entry level and less experienced engineers in reviewing and authenticating specification deviations and engineering packages.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a Canadian University or equivalent as recognized by APEGA
- Must be a registered Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineer or eligible for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGA)
- 4-10 years of engineering experience
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in static equipment inspection, maintenance and design and have an extensive knowledge of commonly used design and fabrication codes as well as post construction specifications for pressure vessels, furnaces, heat exchangers and process & slurry piping.
- Knowledge of and experience using mechanical design tools for static equipment (such as PV Elite, CAESAR II stress analysis, SagePlus, CodeCalc etc.) to support design verification and FFS assessment.
- Knowledge of materials engineering including Refractory is a plus to aid assessment of suitable materials and their fabrication as part of the design or repair process.
- Knowledge of risk based work selection process is a key asset
- Experience in Equipment Strategy Development in a multi discipline team for key units.
- Participation in Root Cause Failure Analysis for static equipment.
- Knowledgeable with the jurisdictional requirements for pressure equipment in the Province of Alberta.
- Facilitates alignment and open, effective communication among stakeholders
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Must be eligible to work permanently in Canada
Work Location: This is a Fort McMurray based position located at our Mildred Lake or Aurora Site.
FIRST DAY INSTRUCTIONS:
Please ensure the EE follow the company COVID guidelines prior to enter to site and complete following trainings prior to join the team
- Safe Work Permits
- Air Purifying Respirator
- Mask Fit (Includes 3M ½ Full)
- Confined Space Training
CLOSES SOONER IF A SUCCESSFUL IS CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED - APPLY ASAP
Kindly submit your resume in Word format and ensure your work history includes the Month/Year for every employer.
**We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted directly**
Looking for more opportunities? Check out our website at www.spiritomega.org
Don't see a posting that suits you? Apply to our "General Application" and our recruiters will get in touch when they have a job that fits you!
Follow us "Spirit Omega" on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter for all our new postings.
Powered by JazzHR