Great Place to Work® Certified
Are you looking for a new career?
COBS Bread is growing, and we’re looking for a Baker (Bayview/Eglinton, Bloor/Spadina, Broadview/Danforth) to join our team. We provide a fun work environment, comprehensive training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. No experience needed, as long as you have the right attitude and you’re interested in learning new skills!
- We provide a very well structured 4-6 week industry leading training program, You learn all aspects of scratch baking.
- COBS Bread bakers are very well sought after in the industry.
- We are growing fast. There are good opportunities to grow with the company.
- Our bread and treats are baked fresh everyday without any added preservatives.
- We donate all of our end of day baked goods to community charities.
- We provide a benefits package upon successful completion of the 3 month probation period.
- Starting pay is $16-$20/hr depending on experience
As a Baker at COBS Bread, you will:
- Work as part of a small team to bake products from scratch early each morning, following carefully crafted recipes
- Be responsible for reading production schedules and recipes, measuring and mixing ingredients, molding and shaping dough, and processing everything through the ovens
- Also work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and provide delightful customer service.
- You’re a morning person as shifts start as early as 3am/4am
- You have your own transportation as your shifts will often start earlier than public transit is available
- Previous baking and/or customer service experience is an asset, but it’s not required. We’re happy to train you
- You have a positive attitude, good organizational skills, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Continuous standing/ walking for all tasks
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 9 kg., occasional lifting and carrying up to 22 kg
- Frequent turning and reaching
- Constant use of both hands, with frequent wrist rotation and flexing, occasional forceful gripping
- Occasional pushing, pulling and some forward bending
What’s in it for you?
- A fun work environment
- The satisfaction of baking from scratch, and pride in seeing the finished product you’ve helped create
- Potential for growth and development opportunities, including certified COBS Bread Baker Training and e-Learning
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees.
- Starting pay $16-$20/hr or more depending on experience and ability
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for employment.