Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
The Purchasing Value Chain Lead will report to the Engineering Director and will work with various vendors for lithium-ion battery materials & components and reporting out findings for the battery team.
- Identify potential lithium-ion battery components & materials suppliers and build relationship with these vendors accordingly.
- Strategize material and component sourcing by evaluating and analyzing cost, quality, logistics, and market condition.
- Develop technical expertise in various components & materials needed for lithium-ion batteries.
- Evaluate & develop knowledge of upstream processes of supply chain for cathode & anode manufacturing (from Ore, Refining to Active Material).
- Compare & analyze minerals ( Ni, Mn, Co, Al, Li, Gr, Si, Etc. ) from different regions used to manufacture cathode & anode materials.
- Lead & support all activities related to localization of the supply chain in North America.
- Work with multi-functional teams to effectively communicate project findings and proactively manage risk.
- Identify opportunities for recycling technologies internally and with established recyclers.
- Evaluate new technology trends as it relates to the next generation materials of lithium-ion batteries.
- Work closely with Flex-Ion Battery Team to evaluate and validate new lithium-ion materials, processes and new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering, or Metallurgical Sciences
- Experience in Supply Chain Management
- Relevant experience in lithium-ion battery value chain management or equivalent
- Ability to negotiate contracts, understanding of index pricing and resourcefulness in investigating and collaborating with engineering and suppliers
- Literacy on basic personal computer skills
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good verbal communication skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.