De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
The Hydro-Mechanical Engineer/Technologist is responsible for coordinating all technical aspects of assigned design projects, provide technical support to the production line, and to assist Customer Support with resolution of in-service problems and customer requests. We are looking for an assertive, knowledgeable individual, with good leadership abilities.
This position is located on-site in Calgary, AB, Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and approve design documents such as vendor drawings, test procedures, qualification reports and certification documents.
- Prepare / define system specifications and requirements.
- Prepare plans for certification of new designs.
- Prepare technical reports to show compliance to the applicable certification requirements.
- Coordinate investigation and corrective action of specific in-service problems involving various systems, sub-systems and components and any continuing airworthiness issues.
- Provide technical solutions to the field and production line problems.
- Supervise / coordinate the work and mentoring of less experienced Engineers in the department.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years working experience with design, qualification and certification test requirements of aircraft Hydro-Mechanical Systems.
- You have good working knowledge of TC, EASA and FAA certification requirements and advisory material applicable to aircraft Hydro-Mechanical Systems and you have experience working with TC, EASA or FAA staff.
- Are able to identify the required rig, ground and flight tests needed to certify an aircraft hydro-mechanical system.
- Are able to review the merits of different proposals for components, sub-systems and systems with regard to function, weight, reliability and safety and ensure that they are compatible within the hydro-mechanical system.
- Are, or are eligible to be a Transport Canada DAD.
- Able to analyze complex Hydro Mechanical Systems, including the sizing of hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, actuators, manifolds and tubes.
- Familiarity with Aerospace Industry Standards and Design Practices, particularly those of the SAE.
- Strong integration skills, in both system partner management and system technical integration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software tools as well as system simulation software.
- The position may require travel to Flight Test, Vendor or Operator sites.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, you are able to set priorities in order to achieve important milestones
- Strong communication skills; are able to communicate at all levels of the organization and to all levels of our customer and representative organizations
- Strong customer orientation
- Able to make decisions, which may involve others from various functions in order to exceed our customer’s needs
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation and disability, are encouraged to apply.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR