De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
We are currently recruiting for Dash 8-400, M2 Licensed/Endorsed to join our team in Calgary, AB.
MAJOR DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The Technician assembles and/or fabricates parts and components using drawings, task cards, service bulletins and other approved data
- Troubleshooting and functioning aircraft systems
- S/he is accountable to the Production Manager for completing work assigned by the Lead Hand or Production Manager.
- The Technician will ensure that all work is done in accordance with the policies and procedures defined in Longview’s MPM.
- Complete required paperwork and maintain integrity of all issued documents (workbooks, EM’s, etc.).
- Provide trade specific technical training to junior operators as directed by Lead Hand / Production Manager.
- Report all errors in production documentation.
- Participate in all opportunities to influence the culture.
- Always encourage a positive attitude towards the company.
- Use all resources in an efficient manner.
- Encourage and promote both professional and personal growth.
- Be a team player by developing relationships with the coworkers.
- Enforce compliance of all safety practices.
- Disassemble, inspect, record discrepancies, recommend and record methods of repair
- Repair, fabricate parts and components
- Install, rig and carry out all other mechanical and structural functions and test in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
- Ensure that all applicable airworthiness requirements are met
- Maintain a clean work area, and alert the Supervisor of any safety concerns
- Responsible for ensuring both accuracy and traceability of parts removed or installed on Aircraft
- For those AME's possessing certifying authority, perform and/or certify work performed within the scope of this Aircraft Maintenance Organization
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Shall hold a valid AME “M2” Transport Canada License
- Transport Canada Type Endorsement on the Dash 8-400 required
- Possess knowledge expected of an AME – M2 endorsed on type on Dash 8 – 400 aircraft
- Environment: Hangar/Indoors production and maintenance area, occasional outdoors
- Exposures encountered: Hazardous materials, loud noise, fumes, dust, odors, gases, heat/cold, trips, slips, fall, cuts & lacerations, burns, strains, sprains, tears, high impact particles
- Job hazards: working at height, mobile equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, aerial work platforms, power tools, hand tools, restricted space, rigging/hoisting, grinding, painting, riveting, high pressure/hydraulics, electrical power, compressed air
- Essential physical requirements: climb, stand, kneel, lift, push, pull, stoop, reach, carry, walk, crawl, balancing, stairs
- Physical effort: medium, lifting up to 50 pounds
- Travel requirements: Occasional
- Work Schedule: Shift rotation including weekend and/or night shifts, on-call or overtime occasionally required
- Emergency Staff Designations: First Aid, Fire Marshal
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation and disability, are encouraged to apply.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply.
Powered by JazzHR