Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure
Vancouver or Edmonton
At Michels Canada, We Do That. Our company is passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment in a fast paced setting.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefits package
- Employer Paid Holidays
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Professional development and training opportunities
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
Your Opportunity with Michels Canada
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing oversight of the Project Managers running the water, sewer, and underground utilities projects in Canada and assist with the development and mentoring of project managers and project engineers. The Senior PM will provide assistance with all phases of project procurement and project development as well as review project finances, schedule and provide assistance with project planning."
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Responsible for quality and strict adherence to all quality standards. Conform to company policy.
- Develop and maintain all job reporting and logs to ensure project compliance
- Manages client relationship, commercial contracts, claim management, risk on the project.
- Direct multiple crews performing independent operations concurrently, maintain high levels of efficiency without sacrificing safety and quality, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Supervise, direct, and mentor project staff (including Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Teams) to ensure individual development and that project standards are met and work is completed on time and under budget.
- Manage job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Assist with business development.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Review financial cost projections during the project execution and upon project wrap-up.
- Review schedule/progress of projects and provide planning assistance to PM’s & Superintendents.
- Oversee claim development and review of project claims/change orders
- Liaison between Michels management and customers.
- Recruit new employees, participate in the full recruitment cycle including pre-screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates; as well as working with HR during the offer of employment stage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High school diploma or equivalent, 10-15 years of relevant experience (or as contract requires), or equivalent combination
- 5 or more years of experience in complex, multi-disciplinary civil construction projects such as water/waste water, deep utility installation, tunneling, microtunneling.
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by the DOT Operations Director and Michels Legal Department
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project or Oracle P6 Primavera
- Eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer in B.C.
- PMP certification (Desired)
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, and an engaging and collaborative environment. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.michelscanada.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Michels Canada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Michels Canada is committed to supporting Canada’s prosperous future by constructing safe, reliable infrastructure solutions to serve the public’s energy, water and wastewater, and transportation needs. Michels Canada is headquartered in Nisku, Alberta, Canada. We care about doing what is best for our people, our customers, the communities in which we work and our country.
Employee Referral Eligible: Tier 1
Powered by JazzHR