We are seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Assistant Project Manager to join our construction team. As an Assistant Project Manager, you will report to our Project Manager. Your duties will include negotiating subcontractor agreements, ensuring that project deadlines are met, and relaying important instructions to the construction team.To be successful as an Assistant Project Manager, you should demonstrate extensive experience in managing construction project resources and budgets under the supervision of senior site managers. Outstanding Assistant Site Managers are proactive in avoiding construction delays and unnecessary expenses.
- Reporting to the Site Manager or other senior project managers as required.
- Ensuring that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met.
- Monitoring labor, building material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses.
- Supervising on-site construction work and relaying instructions from senior project managers.
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates.
- Procuring materials, labor, and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers.
- Preparing work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks.
- Collaborating with other construction project stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring that construction industry safety regulations are followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Project Management, or similar.
- 2-5 years' experience in assisting Site Managers with construction projects.
- Exceptional ability to monitor construction project budgets and deadlines.
- Proficiency in record keeping and electronic project management systems.
- Experience in relaying detailed instructions to onsite construction teams.
- Advanced negotiation skills to procure cost-effective subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other construction project stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of construction industry safety regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
We offer world-class health benefits, a competitive salary package, salary based on performance, a registered retirement savings program, additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day, a stable work-life balance, a positive and fun corporate culture, Right Directions Employee Assistance Program, and many more!
New City Contracting strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, New City Contracting will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout employment.
About New City Contracting Ltd.:
Over 20 years ago, Edward Buset — New City’s founder and president — saw that the Lower Mainland was missing something: a resource for property managers, homeowner associations (HOAs), engineers, and other professionals involved in the building renewal business. Edward envisioned this resource that will work on new builds or maintain existing buildings, one that will develop cost-effective plans for the renewal of all types of buildings in our area’s unique climate. From this vision rose today’s New City, one of Vancouver’s leading general contractors. With over two decades of experience, New City is staffed with an amazing group of professionals, engineers, project managers, and people from different trades that delivers reliable and cost-effective solutions to a wide range of building renewal challenges on both new and existing buildings. We know what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, and how to get it done — in the most beneficial way for the building. Whether its envelope renewal, deep renovation, concrete restoration, or other building envelope management concerns, New City has the expertise and resources to handle the largest and most complex work smoothly and efficiently. Today, New City Contracting is a trusted leader in envelope renewal for commercial and residential projects. New City is an expert in the investigation, analysis, and repair of building envelopes — for all material types and vintages. Our extensive building renewal services include: Building Envelope RenewalExterior and Interior PaintingRoof Renewal and ReplacementTenant ImprovementWaterproofingExterior and Industrial CleaningEnvironmental AbatementConcrete Restoration