Fast + Epp is an internationally recognized structural engineering firm with a team that prioritizes creativity and efficient design. We work with all materials but are well known for our mass timber and timber-hybrid projects. We love working on architecturally expressive structures, on every scale from single-family homes to large institutional buildings. We enjoy work with a high premium on structural expression. We strive to improve people’s lives through practical, holistic structural design.
Structural Design Duties
- Perform structural design and meet local building codes and requirements
- Correspond with Project Architect and other design team members, along with liaise with drafting staff for project deliverables when necessary.
- Review project teams work for changes in structural concept.
- Liaise with drafting manager on project schedule.
- Perform site reviews to ensure construction meets design intent
Project Management Duties
- Review project teams work for changes in project scope and potential extras.
- Work with other project managers to resolve workload issues and conflicting deadlines.
- Provide budget hours for workload projections.
- Provide invoicing instructions to Accounting department.
- A commitment to working within reasonable project budgets in the execution of your work.
- A commitment to work as a team member within the firm, and to offer our clients the best service possible, as indicated in our company policy manual.
- A commitment to integrity, honesty, and forthrightness in all dealings, both externally and internally.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 4-7 of years of experience.
- Capacity for multitasking for multiple projects, with the ability to set team priorities.
- Ability to manage time well, schedule tasks, and estimate timelines for project teams.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Understanding of project process and order, including procurement types.
- Understanding of general construction techniques and materials.
- Ability to compose letters, memos, and reports.
- Understanding of statics and dynamics with regard to building design.
- Ability to understand software results and troubleshoot models quickly.
- Ability to manage the internal project team.
- Distribute tasks.
- Enforce deadlines.
- Respond to team member issues within the projects.
- Ability to communicate well with external project teams.
Why Work For Us?
- A commitment to your professional development and continuous learning
- Flexible working hours with the ability to utilize "Flex Time"
- Annual company bonus
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years Day.
- A positive working atmosphere
- Social events and activities - we like to have fun too!
- Comprehensive Health & Dental plan
- Very transit friendly location with a generous Transit subsidy pass
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this position, please apply with your resume. Due to the volume of applicants we will only be contacting qualified candidates.
Fast + Epp is an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Powered by JazzHR