Our team is growing! We have an immediate opening for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will have a degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering and have 3-5 years post-graduation experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Experience with skid design is highly preferred. This position entails a path towards project management and will be focused on delivering full-scale plants for heavy industrial customers.
Saltworks (www.saltworkstech.com) is an innovation-driven cleantech company located in Richmond, BC. We invent, design, and build advanced lithium recovery and desalination water treatment plants. Our customers are leading the way in sustainability with our technologies at the forefront. We build commercial plants for excellent global customers while also researching and developing next-generation technologies.
We offer meaningful and exciting work in a collaborative environment, driven by innovation and problem-solving. To succeed in this role, you must be diligent with quality, focused, analytical, and excel in a team-based environment. We strongly value a positive attitude, hard work, smarts, and commitment to see things through. Our company is growing with a high demand for our solutions, presenting opportunities to advance.
Your main tasks will include:
- Managing key technical output (i.e., machine design-build) to completion with a focus on desalination and lithium recovery plant sub-assemblies (i.e., unit operations skids).
- Working alongside design engineers and production to ensure effective delivery on quality, cost, and schedule expectations. Our engineering and production are under one roof, enabling efficient workflow.
- Commissioning assigned projects including mechanical, process, and control systems prior to customer delivery.
- Designing and improving on our innovative industrial desalination and resource recovery plants.
- Providing engineering support and communicating needs to subject matter experts as needed for our plants, both at our factory in Richmond and customer sites around the world.
- Assisting Project Managers to deliver complex projects with competing deadlines and priorities while being well supported by teammates and management.
- Working with suppliers and vendors to design and specify components used within our process (pumps, valves, motors, filters, etc.).
- Representing Saltworks at customer sites during project implementation (previous customer-facing experience will be considered an asset).
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma and ability to register as a P. Eng. with EGBC.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience as an engineer or designer in an industrial setting.
- Working knowledge and experience of ASME section B31 is an asset.
- Design and testing experience with high-pressure piping and vessels.
- Track record of generating engineering deliverables in a fast-paced, industrial environment.
This position also requires these universal skill sets:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality of work and quickly learn new skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and a sense of urgency in completing projects on time.
- Ability to work well in a team-focused project management environment, meeting deadlines with a quality work product.
- Positive attitude, can-do approach, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required.
- Hands-on tooling and troubleshooting skills (not essential, yet beneficial if you like this type of work).
- Bonus: experience working with SolidWorks 3D design software, or AutoCAD P&ID.
Why join Saltworks?
We have an outstanding team who are passionate about innovation and solving key environmental challenges facing our planet.
Join a team pioneering the future of water! Some of our customers include:
- World premier electric vehicle maker
- World’s leading computer chip maker
- World’s largest provider of agriculture inputs
- Major global tire manufacturer
- Top producers of lithium-ion battery inputs
- A collaborative and rewarding work environment
- A diverse and inclusive team, and this has been key to our success
- A competitive compensation package, including benefits
- A culture that supports safety, innovation, learning, and teamwork
- Fun social activities and company events
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a part of a globally recognized team, please submit your resume (cover letters are not required).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
Kindly, no recruiters.
Powered by JazzHR