At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
We’re looking for a senior marketing and growth leader to bring their business expertise and strategic savvy to Neo’s leadership team, based in Calgary, AB. You’ll work directly with our co-founders, roll up your sleeves and get started helping us to develop and execute the business strategy. You will collaborate across the business to identify and develop Neo’s key strategic priorities from a marketing perspective.
In this role, you can shape the future of banking in Canada. You will have oversight and responsibility for our brand strategy and growth plans, budget, KPIs and overall impact. You bring experience building brands and can develop a comprehensive, strategic marketing approach for a product and technology-driven company leading the way in digital banking in Canada. Your visionary and strategic leadership will inspire a high performing team working together to grow a top-tier iconic brand.
As a key member of our integrated leadership team, you will:
- Develop and execute the marketing and growth strategy and act as a strategic partner to senior leaders by proactively identifying opportunities for innovation, improvement, and growth.
- Inspire and lead a high functioning marketing team toward a clear vision, building cross functional alignment.
- Articulate a vision for the company's brand and ensure robust, integrated, and flawless execution of its mission.
- Assume full ownership of your function and align the marketing roadmap with the overarching business strategy.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of our customer. Recognize customer segments, market potential and prioritize rigorously.
- Lead the marketing launch of new verticals and product lines.
- Work with the product and technology teams to optimize our product market fit by adjusting product mix, pricing and rewards strategies.
- Contribute significantly to business growth using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
- Provide ongoing leadership across all aspects of marketing including brand marketing and communications, product marketing and research, digital growth, activations, and marketing technology.
- Drive data-driven decisions and establish effective frameworks, metrics, and strategies to inform the company's approach to brand building and channel-based marketing strategies.
- Bring awareness into the market, develop volume demand generation, track lead funnel performance, and provide ongoing analysis.
- Ensure marketing brand campaigns are tracked and measured appropriately to demonstrate effectiveness and allow for continuous optimization.
- Ensure rigor and discipline across company-wide programs that support integrated marketing and business development.
Who we’re looking for?
- 8+ years of experience marketing experience at senior-level management, including managing and owning multi-million dollar marketing budgets, ideally in consumer-focused businesses, with at least 3 years in a senior leadership position managing the entire brand marketing function.
- Exposure to substantial and significant scale within a fast-growing company.
- Proven success as a leader, coach and mentor with success in hiring and fostering growth of your team.
- Expert fluency across the marketing mix - both in brand building and revenue generation.
- Deep knowledge of how to use digital and offline channels and tools to build a brand, customer base, and partner-driven growth.
- You have hands-on experience collaborating with brand, product marketing, and creative teams to develop and test creative messages in the market, and lead continuous efforts of creative analysis, insights, and improvements.
- Both tactically and strategically minded. You should be able to operate in the weeds, but also be the leader with the ability to build integrated brand/marketing architecture and frameworks.
What will help you succeed?
- Adaptable, high-achiever energized by a startup environment.
- Team player who love being part of an agile ecosystem.
- Maker with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers.
- You are highly analytical, operationally oriented and metrics driven and utilize these skills to push the limits by refusing to settle for the status quo.
- You are (very nearly) a perfectionist while also being pragmatic with a strong belief that 'there is always better' that permeates everything you do.
- A love for data - and the insights it can bring to the fore.
- A passion for/obsession with startups and technology.