Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 54 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
As a result of our expanded growth, we are looking for designers to join our Kelowna team. Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of professional standing and extent of experience. Ultimately, the Civil Designer will assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detail design phases for all aspects of:
- Municipal infrastructure expansion and site plan design.
- Cost estimating and design approvals.
- Engineering analysis and reporting.
- Tender preparation and contract award. and
- Contract administration during the construction phase for either (or both) our land development projects and/or capital works improvements initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed design drawings (primarily using Civil 3D, and related applications) for a variety of assigned Land Development and Municipal engineering projects.
- Preparing road design and final grading for urban residential development projects.
- Developing engineering drawings and designs for land development and related water resources projects.
- Participating in full-service design of Civil/Municipal engineering projects
- Storm water management, site grading, sanitary sewer and water distribution system design for subdivision and land development engineering projects
- Interpret topographic information required for design;
- Perform site and lot grading;
- Complete the technical analysis of municipal infrastructure components;
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings; and
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings.
- Prepare Site Grading, Servicing, Erosion/Sediment Control Plans, Details and Notes in AutoCAD for Site Plan Application.
- Prepare Functional Servicing and Storm water Management Reports in support of Zoning By-law Amendment and Site Plan Application.
- Prepare water/wastewater servicing calculations for proposed land development projects.
- Prepare storm water management quantity and quality calculations.
- Coordinate design with consultant team including but not limited to: architect, landscape architect, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, traffic consultant, hydrogeologist, and geotechnical engineer.
- Prepare formal response letters to approving agencies addressing development engineering comments
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of Civil Engineering Degree from an Accredited Institution;
- 3 years of land development and or municipal design experience;
- Eligibility for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) Designation or Applied Science Technologist (AScT)
- Relevant internships;
- Experience in Commercial, Subdivisions and Site Plan Design;
- Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and;
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Powered by JazzHR