Included in the Government of Canada’s current Digital Operations Strategic Plan is for Shared Services Canada (SSC) to put in place enterprise IT service management (ITSM) tools available to all departments. This is a significant, far reaching undertaking that will bring consistency to the practice of ITSM and reduce the cost and delays of fulfilling service requests.
Through our strategic partnerships, TeraMach is pleased to play a role in this program and have a variety of opportunities for seasoned professionals. These projects will be of varying length with a target completion of 2022.
The role of Senior Solution / Application Architect will include the following tasks and activities:
- Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution architecture;
- Develop solution architectures, frameworks and strategies to meet the business and nonfunctional requirements;
- Provide expert guidance and advice regarding the Enterprise ITSM Tool features & administration in support of the definition and implementation of business solutions;
- Work with architecture governance bodies to review work products ensuring standards are met;
- Select an architectural approach that is consistent with the customer’s architectural standards and development practices that maximizes use of the customer’s existing technology standards;
- Analyze and evaluate alternative business solutions to meet business problems, propose and seek approval for use of new technologies when existing technology standards do not support requirements;
- Ensure the effective integration of all aspects of the business solutions;
- Ensure the business solution meets functional and nonfunctional security requirements;
- Conduct workshops with stakeholders to ensure alignment and consensus, on the solution architecture;
- Monitor industry trends and Government of SSC policies and directives to ensure that business solutions fit with government and industry directions for ITSM technology;
- Monitor applicable software vendor roadmaps and plans to ensure that the proposed solution architecture is robust to vendor driven change;
- Provide leadership and guidance to technical leads and subject matter experts;
- Analyze functional and nonfunctional requirements to identify information procedures and data flows within the business solution;
- Define application tiers. frameworks, component types and interfaces, as necessary to design, communicate and develop a business solution;
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify/document existing structured and unstructured information repository interfaces/content, identify/document existing application interfaces/sub-systems, identify/document existing integration between architectural components;
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems and between new and existing systems;
- Provide advice and guidance to developers and other stakeholders who are responsible for implementing the business solution; and
- Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions etc.
- Greater than 10 years of demonstrated Architecture experience completing the above referenced tasks;
- Experience with ITSM tools, ideally Remedy;
- Valid Security Clearance at the Secret level; and
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.